Joseph Fravel – Town Justice
304 Route 17C
Waverly, NY 14892
607-565-2261 Ex. 1
Every Tuesday 5PM- Till ?
Court starts at 5:30 PM
Marriage: For Marriage by the Town Justice: By appointment only, 607-565-4775
Small Claims: The person filing the claim must be a resident of the Town of Barton. Forms are available from the Court Clerk on Tuesday only at 5:00 PM
Evictions: Forms are available from the following internet Web Page:
http://www.nycourthelp.gov NYS do it yourself forms
Summons Served: May choose anyone to serve summons:
Available servers: Wayne Searles 607-742-6438
FINES MAY BE PAID BY CASH (IF PAYING IN PERSON), MONEY ORDER, CERTIFIED CHECK or CREDIT CARD IF PAYING BY MAIL.
Methods of Payments:
- Credit card (court only) and must be payment in full,
- cash only if paying in person,
- do not mail cash,
- money orders or checks made out to the Town of Barton Court and
- must be in U.S. funds.
- Enclose a self addressed stamped envelope with your payment
- if you want a return receipt.
- Special Payment schedules:
- contact court directly.
- IF RECEIPT IS REQUESTED PLEASE PROVIDE SELF-ADDRESSED, POSTAGE PAID RETURN ENVELOPE
- IF PAYMENT EXCEEDS THE ACTUAL AMOUNT DUE, THE ENTIRE PAYMENT WILL BE RETURNED
- THIS COURT DOES NOT ACCEPT: PERSONAL CHECKS
Payments may be left in the drop box outside the door. To have a receipt mailed to you, please include a self addressed stamped envelope.
The best way to get in contact with the court during off hours is by email: email@example.com